EMT-Basic Skills Verification
EMT-Basic Skills Verification:
The skills competency verification is designed for currently certified EMTs who have already met the CEU requirements for recertification and only need to obtain skills verification, or individuals needing skills verification to get licensed as an EMT. The State of California EMT Skills Competency Verification Form EMSA - SCV by one of our Approved Verifiers. View Form EMSA-SCV (01/17) to ensure you understand the skills that will be verified.
Skills Verified by Approved Verifier-
Verifier will certify that they have, through direct observation, verifying that the EMT demonstrating skills is competent in all the skills below:
(1) Trauma Assessment
(2) Medical Assessment
(3) Bag-Valve-Mask Ventilation
(4) Oxygen Administration
(5) Cardiac Arrest Management w/AED
(6) Hemorrhage Control & Shock Management
(7) Spinal Motion Restrictions- Supine & Seated
(8) Penetrating Chest Injury
(9) Epinephrine & Naloxone Administration
(10) Childbirth & Neonatal Resuscitation
Skills competency is demonstrated by direct observation of an actual or simulated patient contact, i.e. skills station, the individual verifying competency shall:
Note- The EMT Skills Verification Form (EMSA-SCV 01/17) is required for those individuals who are either renewing or reinstating their EMT certification. This verification form must accompany the application.
- Sign the EMT Skills Competency Verification Form for that skill
- Print their name on the EMT Skills Competency Verification Form for that skill.
- Enter the date that the individual demonstrated the competency of the skill.
- Provide the name of the organization that has approved them to verify skills. (Agency: Mountain Valley EMSA, Modesto CA)
- Provide their certification or license type and number.
Currently certified Emergency Medical Technicians who have already met the CEU requirements for recertification and only need to obtain skills verification, or Nationally Registered EMTs with the NREMT needing skills verification to get licensed as an EMT with MVEMSA. Once skills session is secured by payment, the payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
First Lady Permanente Education Center is an approved Continuing Education Provider and EMT Training Program Provider by Mountain Valley Emergency Medical Services Agency in Modesto, CA.
First Lady Permanente, LLC Education Center is a private institution and is approved to operate by the Bureau for Private Post Secondary Education (BPPE). Approval to operate means we are in compliance with the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009. For verification please contact (888) 370-7589.